Webmaster and Public Affairs, Official Photographer
- This is a great opportunity to expand your portfolio, perform a service for Austin veterans and work with a great crew of volunteers. One of more people are needed to manage this website, attend a few meetings each year, assist with the registration rosters, and document the parade. This is an excellent chance to show off your social media skills, exert creative control over a popular website, and aid Austin veterans.
- The bridge crew reports to the bridge crew leader before the parade starts. They work to set up registration tables, log in organizations, mark out spots where organizations will line up, and ensure good order on the bridge before the parade starts. Volunteers should be able to walk and deal personably with the public. This is a great opportunity for families, youth groups, and active organizations.
- At the state capitol, volunteers are needed to help with unloading and setting up chairs, arranging the stage and podium, getting the sound system up and working, greeting and seating volunteers. After the ceremony, the chairs and all equipment must be recovered and turned in or stored. A few people may be asked to escort VIPs, drive golf carts for VIPs, or keep order on the steps.
- The Austin Veterans Parade Committee is always in search of volunteers that will participate throughout the year and can help with administering the parade and its various requirements. We are in search of a replacement communications and website board member, and can always use people who will take on administrative tasks like applying for city permits. A board member should be available for meetings held about once a month in Austin until the parade nears, when the frequency increases.
- A robust parade honoring our veterans requires resources. Donations are great but people that can secure additional funding or in-kind donations or work to ensure the viability of future parades are important to the continued success of this parade.
If you are interested in the current and future success of the parade, please consider volunteering and let us know. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if the contact form is not working.